Last June I was selected as a winner of the Assochange contest “A Decalogue on How to Embed Change in The Organisation“.
Today I share my decalogue with you.
This is my winning decalogue:
- Track experience/results relating to chance management projects that have been implemented in the past (what worked and what didn’t work);
- Determine processes/best practices that you want to embed + get the management agreement with regards to best practices and information that will be communicated to the workforce and that you want to embed in the organisation;
- Involve the Human Resources Department: assessment/gap analysis/L&D;
- Involve the senior management and appoint a change sponsor that is going to actively support the project and best practices;
- Assess current organisation knowledge status + carry out gap analysis;
- Communication strategy + its implementation (tools, timing, etc);
- Train line managers and the workforce on the best practices that the company wants to embed;
- Quick wins to reduce resistance to change and get buy in;
- Assess the progress and implement correttive measures, if required;
- Reinforce change via tools such as performance management, financial and non financial incentives.
Join the Conversation!
Question: How would your decalogue look like? Share your answer on LinkedIn